Saturday, September 29, 2012

Prayer Flags to hang at Oceanside Museum of Art

 oma prayer flags
Jane LaFazio here. Here they are! The prayer flags created by people from all over the world, (many of them contributors to this blog) ready to be hung at the Oceanside Museum of Art! Here is the call to artists......and you can still send in flags. They said they would keep hanging them as they come in! The flags will hang from October 14 through December 31, 2012. Needless to say, I'll post photos of the exhibition as soon as I see it!

9 comments:

  1. What a spectacular sight these will be when hanging!They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful I love the idea of them being on display and everyone enjoying them. I see mine peeking out of the bottom left hand corner, Awesome!! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH GLORIOUS...I gave two flags away in Massachusetts and only photographed them (but I no longer own them)...and one flag I gave to a friend in New Mexico (but it was actually the wrong dimensions-I mean, larger than this project requests. I'm working on one now meant for another friend...if I can do one in time for the exhibition, should I send it physically to you? Or should it go to the museum> Will they be returned?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful to see them all together like this. I can see mine and so glad to know that it arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful! I can see mine and like Deborah I'm glad to see it got there in time. I wish I could be there for the opening.Can't wait to see your pictures from the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too would like to submit one....would you send me the address please?
    What a delightful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased to see a bit of my "joined hands" just visible among so many others!

    ReplyDelete