Thursday, June 30, 2011

Linda Miller: Trust

This lovely flag was made by Linda Miller.  I love how it is hanging among the fig leaves in her garden.  May we all trust ourselves...  


Here is the description in Linda's own words:


Trust is for all of us to connect with what is good in our lives, and to remember that goodness is always available within us.  For a start, I send this out to my nephew going to his college orientation.  May he trust himself enough to maintain a sense of openness moving out into the world.


To make the flag, I used some raw silk from my stash that I had covered with leaf rubbings several years ago.  To that I appliqued, painted, and embroidered further on the flag.


It is a pleasure tocontribute to another flag project in a new format, and to widen the creative circle.






No comments:

Post a Comment